The Education Credit Union (ECU) is a full-service financial institution that helps people in the Region of Waterloo to manage their money and investments. We offer members a full range of financial services, including a comprehensive wealth management program and banking services such as chequing and savings accounts.
ECU also has programs for young people who are learning the value of money, offers investment vehicles and advice, card services and a variety of loans and mortgages. Members also benefit from access to a large, surcharge-free ATM network.. And, our co-operative financial institution is run by an elected Board of Directors, nine volunteers consisting of member/shareholders.
The big difference between our credit union and other financial institutions is the personal approach we take to doing business. A focus on putting members first has helped credit unions prosper throughout this country.Canadais now home to more than 1,000 credit unions and caisses populaires that, together, manage nearly $200 billion of deposits at more than 3,300 branches. Nearly 11 million Canadians – one in three citizens – are now members of a co-operative financial institution.
At ECU, we are proud to be part of a rich financial heritage. We have a total of three branches located in Kitchener, Waterloo and Cambridge. Our services have been designed to provide convenience and ease of use for members. Many of the requests we receive are processed by telephone, fax, couriers, Online and through mobile banking devices.
We are also proud of the programs we have to educate young children and teens about money and credit. Children aged 12 and under can join the “Kirby Kangaroo Club,” which teaches them about money and banking in a fun and informative way. Teenagers can participate in the “nCharge Club,” which helps them learn about loan applications, budgeting and other important life skills. All youth, up to age 17, are able to open accounts with without charge.
ECU always welcomes new members. We encourage everyone in Waterloo Region to consider the many benefits that can be achieved with a co-operative financial institution and to experience the difference that a member-focused organization, such as ours, has to offer. To learn more, please contact us.
27 Water Street N
6-51 Ardelt Avenue
103-340 Hagey Blvd
Monday – Friday: 9:30 a.m. – 5:30p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: Closed
OUR BLOG POSTS:
- Home ownership with a credit union mortgage
- Children and youth learn responsible banking through credit unions
- Student services at a credit union
- Credit card survival tactics
- Credit unions offer life insurance for families – including children
- Credit unions provide customers with convenience and access
- Credit unions help customers manage their wealth for the long-term
- Switching from a traditional bank to a credit union has never been easier
- The Education Credit Union follows a proud tradition of innovation
- Credit union’s offer innovative banking solutions
- Compare and save with a credit union – the difference will surprise you
- The credit union advantage and you